Geoff began practicing law in the Worcester area in 1989. He joined Lian Zarrow in 1995; becoming a partner in 1997. He has tried jury and jury-waived cases at all levels of the Massachusetts court system, and has argued cases before the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and Massachusetts Appeals Court.
Geoff co-chairs the Massachusetts Bar Association's Tiered Community Mentoring Program. In 2019 Geoff was honored to receive the MBA's Community Service Award. Geoff served as President of the Worcester County Bar Association from 2021-2022.
Throughout his career, Geoff's practice has focused on the representation of individuals and families affected by catastrophic injuries. He has successfully pursued claims for victims of automobile accidents, bicycle accidents, dog bites, slip-and-fall accidents, worksite accidents and sexual abuse.
His trial work includes criminal defense and general civil litigation, as well as criminal appeals. In his criminal defense practice, he has represented individuals charged with motor vehicle offenses; rape and sexual assault; computer crimes, including possession of child pornography; crimes of violence; drug offenses; and larceny.
In addition, at the request of the justices of the Worcester Probate and Family Court, he represented individuals in dire life circumstances. In one such case, he established the competency of a young man seeking the right to die after suffering a devastating brain-stem stroke, and obtained a court order to that effect.
Areas of Practice
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Criminal Defense
- General Civil Litigation
- Criminal Appeals
- Motor Vehicle Offenses
- Bicycle Accidents
- Construction Site Accidents
- Rape and Sexual Assault
- Computer Crimes
- Possession of Child Pornography
- Crimes of Violence
- Drug Offenses
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Massachusetts, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1990
Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1989
University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire
- B.A. cum laude - 1985
- Major: Political Science/Psychology
- Legal Aspects, Worcester Institute for Senior Education, 1995 - 1998
Honors and Awards
- Community Service Award, Massachusetts Bar Association, 2019
- President's Award, Worcester County Bar Association, 2021 (1993, 1997 and 2021)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Northeastern University School of Law Alumni Board of Directors (2021 to present)
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Co-Chair for Tiered Community Mentoring, Member (past member (2004-2006) of the MBA House of Delegates; serves as Mock Trial Judge for the MBA High School Mock Trial Competition)
- Worcester County Bar Association, Member (served four terms on the WCBA Executive Committee; chaired several committees and sections; President 2021-2022)
Past Employment Positions
- Gould & Ettenberg, P.C., Associate, 1989 - 1994
Pro Bono Activities
- United Way of Central Massachusetts, Board Member (2022-present)
- Pastoral Counseling Centers of Massachusetts, Board Member (2023-present)
- President of Project Graduation Westborough (2016-2020)
- Coached youth soccer and has been involved in youth ski racing, serving three years as the president of Eastern Massachusetts Buddy Werner League and three years as League Commissioner of Central Mass High School League; performed with one of his daughters in the Westborough Players Club production of “Annie - the Musical”; volunteers at the local schools